Monday, February 26, 2018

A Touch of Glamour!



I always believed everyone can sparkle & shine! And everyone deserves to experience a touch of glamour every now and again. The truth is we all don’t live or travel with “glam squads”. Many of us don’t even have access to beauty professionals. 
(which is why my new business launching March 24th www.TheGlamourBrands.com will include a directory of Beauty Professionals across the country!)  

But I am truly blessed to be surrounded by some gifted and talented people who happen to be my friends! For the past few years maternity shoots have become more and more popular. They have transitioned from the boring in studio grey backdrops with white columns to outdoorsy, beach vibes, and super artistic. Even nude maternity photoshoots are becoming more and more popular. Now yall know I’m brave but honey I’m not THAT brave! Uhmmm kay!! I mean the internets (yas honey...the internetS!) has been crowded with some maternity shoots that were just ridiculous! And I definitely didn’t want to fall in THAT category.

This is my third pregnancy but my very first maternity shoot! Since naming the baby Glamour I wanted the shoot to reflect that. We wanted to do a softer, natural, and lighter glam look. Then rev it up a bit with a full blown glitter, sparkle, and dramatic look. Diva has been a tag name of mine forever. Everyone knows I like to be extra sometimes. But being pregnant you don’t always feel like a Diva. You don’t always feel “glamourous”. And you don’t always feel confident. So I wanted to do a shoot that would allow me to feel all of these things simultaneously hoping to capture some great shots to not only feel that touch of glamour for myself but also show the other pregnant women that we CAN be PREGNANT & POPPIN! We don't always feel and look like Helga from Hey Arnold! We can POP OUT! Ya know?!!

I want to thank my sister Aja Johnson @classicbeautyboss for beating my face to the Gods and taking these awesome photos! I couldn’t imagine trying to pull this off without her. 
I want to thank my sis Melissa Holland  @i_am_mrs_holland for slaying my hair and assisting with the shoot the entire day! (and for being my baby shower coordinator) 
And I MUST send a huge shout out to my good friend, my darling Shanda King Freeman @missshanda and my brother Laz for allowing me to turn their beautiful new home into my studio for the day! Her interior design is unmatched and was JUST what I wanted for the feel of the shoot. Thank you guys SO much for always coming through for me. It’s so good to have friends that reciprocate the love many times far and beyond the call of duty!

So…here ya go. Experience some of the magic yourself!

“It’s a Glamour Thing”

















Her Name is Glamour

Outfit details
Black dress-Curve Culture Boutique
White dress-Fashion Nova Curve

No comments:

Post a Comment